Sunday, March 20, 2011

unusual storm

Normally when people think of California weather, they imagine something like this:


That is a view of the San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate bridge from the top of the Berkeley hills. Well, this weekend has been something else in terms of weather: constant, and at times very heavy, rain. It is early Sunday morning now and I have not stepped outside since the rain began on Friday morning. On Friday evening I started hearing what sounded like little rocks hitting the roof and opened my front door (but still did not step outside) to see what was going on. It was a hailstorm:



I have enough food to survive for a while without leaving my place (and this week is Spring Break at Berkeley), but I hope the rain ends soon. On Wednesday I am going down to San Jose and it would be nice if the weather would cooperate.


No comments:

Post a Comment