Friday, March 25, 2011

Farmer's Market


In Berkeley there are three farmer's markets each week, in different locations. Find out more here. The farmer's market on Thursdays is on north Shattuck Avenue, a few minutes from my place. One weekend a friend came to visit Berkeley and we went to one of the other farmer's markets downtown:



For lunch I bought some red snapper at a fish booth (in the photo below, the fish is inside the leaves on the right):


I got some ice cream for dessert with a strange name: three twins.


OK, three triplets I can understand, and maybe two triplets if the third one died, but how do you have three twins?? I asked the lady selling the ice cream and her answer was easy: the two guys are her sons, twin brothers, and one of them is married to a woman who is also a twin herself. Thus three twins.

After visiting the farmer's market, I walked with my ice cream back towards the Berkeley campus and stopped at a game store.


Inside the store were many kinds of games, as well as puzzles:






I saw the following items for sale, but couldn't figure out how they fit the theme of the store:


If you bring a small child to this game store, don't let the child walk too far away or they could disappear:


I asked one of the salespeople in the store if they had sold any children to the circus and was told "Not yet".

No comments:

Post a Comment